- Our beloved Deacon Jeff Keefe died on December 28, 2020. He served the Lord in so many ways during his time at Immanuel: leading, teaching and serving as God’s fellow worker for the sake of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We will continue to miss him as we look forward to the day when God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him, that together in Jesus Christ we will be with the Lord forever.
Below is an account of Jeff’s hope in his own words.
—– —– —– —– —– —–
Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!
I look forward to the following:
- An inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading,
- That in Christ shall all be made alive.”
- A feast of rich food for all peoples, a banquet of aged wine— the best of meats and the finest of wines.
- He will swallow up death forever
- He will wipe away tears from all faces
- The unfairness of life will be gone
- Peace, no more war, hate, prejudice
- No money, No jealousy
- No cancer, no heart disease,
- No pandemic virus
- No earthquakes, tsunamis, meteors or volcano’s threatening extinction
- Nothing will separate me from God’s love